Tuesday, September 20, 2005

 

Another Fine Day

Another fine day, blue sky, light wind and no need for a winter coat. I’m tied up with meetings most mornings this week. Various bods from media, culture and sporting interests are wanting to introduce themselves to me as a new member of the DCMS Select Committee.

My appointment seems to have generated a whole new range of invitations to receptions and dinners each evening. I simply can’t make them all. I missed both the BBC gathering and the Times Champagne Reception mostly because I was so engrossed in conversations a as time flew at the Independent reception last night and met one or two journalists I have always admired from afar. The media world is a close knit fraternity where journalists from TV and newsprint attend one another’s gatherings. you are just as likely to meet an ITN political correspondents at a newspaper reception.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?